The Amex Platinum Card is the first step in expanding their product line to meet customer demands. The company has introduced a new design for cardholders, which includes two variations of the card and comes with an annual fee that starts at $450 per year.
The “amex platinum” is a credit card that Amex introduced for customers to choose from. The cards are designed for people who want to earn rewards on their purchases and pay no annual fee.
Customers may now choose between two new Platinum card designs from Amex.
on December 2, 2021 by Gary Leff
New and current cardmembers of American Express’ Platinum Card® may pick from a variety of limited-edition designs. They’re the result of a collaboration between Julie Mehretu and Kehinde Wiley, two artists. Starting January 20, 2022, these choices will be available for request.
This comes after the release this summer of artist-designed Amex Black cards and a Prada wearable Centurion card.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is the largest no-brainer in the history of the planet for new cardmembers in their first year, since not only is it the best tool for airport lounge access and you can opt into elite status and a broad range of credits, but there’s an offer currently to earn:
- After spending $6,000 on the Card in your first six months as a member, you will get 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Plus, during your first six months of Card Membership, earn 10x points on qualifying purchases made with the card at restaurants around the globe and when you Shop Small – on up to $25,000 in combined expenditures. That’s an extra 225,000 points, bringing the total first bonus offer possibility to 325,000 points.
As I previously said, the card has evolved into something like to an Entertainment Book, yet Entertainment Books formerly had genuine worth. Take a look at just a few of the benefits this card provides:
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, which gives you up to $200 in bill credits each year on incidental costs at one of the approved airlines you choose. Since switching from American, I’ve used Southwest for this and have spent the entire $200 each year. (Registration is needed.)
- Uber Cash is worth $200, which is a $15 monthly benefit plus a $20 bonus in December. It may be used for Uber trips as well as Uber Eats. (Registration is needed.)
- Saks Fifth Avenue, $100 Credit is available in $50 increments twice a year (January – June, July – December, membership needed) on purchases made in-store or online at saks.com.
- $179 CLEAR Credit: An annual statement credit of up to $179 for a CLEAR membership. In the age of interminable security lines, I’ve found CLEAR to be vital.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: $20 per month statement credits on Audible, New York Times, SiriusXM, and Peacock purchases or subscriptions.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Annual statement credit for prepaid reservations made via American Express Travel at Fine Hotels and Resorts or Hotel Collection establishments. You won’t receive any elite level recognition or credits, and you won’t get any hotel points. This is ideal for non-chain stays or one-night stays that need certain amenities. Bookings at Fine Hotels and Resorts usually include value-added extras such as late checkout, upgrades, breakfast, and other credits.
- Up to $500,000 in Membership Rewards points per calendar year on flights booked directly with airlines and prepaid hotels booked via AmexTravel.com.
- Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold (membership needed), and National Car Rental Executive credentials are also available.
This card offers the most lounge access, including Centurion lounges, Delta lounges on Delta flights, and more.
The American Express Platinum Card® features a higher annual fee and additional perks. For new cardmembers, the annual fee has increased from $550 to $695 (see rates and fees), while current cards (accounts opened before July 1, 2021) will experience the rise beginning with annual renewal dates on January 1, 2022.
What are your thoughts on the new Platinum card layouts? Does it affect your desire to own or utilize the card? Will you request another Platinum card if you currently have one?
Click here to see the rates and fees for American Express’s Platinum Card®.
More From the Wing’s Perspective
Leave a Reply
Watch This Video-
The “amex platinum customer service” is a new card that American Express has introduced. The card features two different designs for customers to choose from, and the cards come with additional benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you have 2 platinum Amex cards?
A: No, you can only have one platinum Amex card.
Can you have 2 Amex cards at once?
A: It is possible to have two American Express cards at the same time. In order for this to happen, one must be a personal card and the other would then be tied with an individuals checking account as well as their credit line.
Does American Express have a platinum card?
A: American Express does not have a platinum card. The companys Platinum Card is the American Express Black Card, which has an annual fee of $595 and no international fees on purchases with Amex.
- yellow amex platinum
- american express
- kehinde wiley
- amex travel phone number
- greeting cards